Saturday, October 29, 2011

Meet Jacqueline de Jonge

I am in awe of Jacqueline de Jonge quilts/patterns they are wonderful! If you click on this link Meet Jacqueline de Jonge you will go to Quiltmaker's Blog where she is introduced. She has been quilting for awhile, but I am just getting to the point that I feel comfortable to be able to 'tackle' a paper pieced quilt of this size... If you go here you will go to Jacqueline's English website.

I think... Ok, so the Little Engine that could comes to mind. I think I can, I think I can, I really think I can... Maybe I really will... maybe...

But I have another paper piece that I really want to tackle before Jacqueline's pattern. It is from an artist from Oz, Chris Jurd, she is a well known Australian designer and winner of numerous prizes at quilt shows. Chris does a lot of paper pieced patterns, which her patterns can be a bit of a challenge.

Ah, going back to reading blogs... Tell me has it started to snow in your neck of the woods? Here, just outside of Boston, MA, it has, more like spitting if you ask me... I gather that NJ, NY, and MD already have been getting snow. We are due to have a Nor'easter (yup, that's what they are called!) which translate into major hit of snow... Not fun... time to stock up on shovels, plastic for the windows (and apply it to the windows to block out the wind), food, salt for the sidewalk, and Hot Chocolate. :)

Time for Hot Chocolate...Thanks for joining me :)

Ciao for now...
J :)

No comments: