Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wonderful Friends :)

Being at home, looking for work, sewing projects that have not seen the light of day in (nope, not going to say!)... One forgets to look outside and remember all of the people who care. I am very guilty of this of late and I really am sorry. Family and Friends remind me often that they are here for any support that I need and I need to remember this.

The reason for starting today's blog with this reminder is that I received the cutest quilt pattern in the mail yesterday, with a note reminding me that friends think about you always. :)
  This is a picture of the quilt pattern:




* The Peace Quilt *
The quilt features a foundation-pieced Crane block designed by Margaret Rolfe. The quilt is a wonderful way to showcase beautiful multicolored Japanese prints. The origami crane has become a symbol for the world's desire for peace, so add your voice to this desire by making this quilt. Level: Advanced.

Can I just say that I was chuckling when I was reading the skill level as being 'Advanced' as I don't think of my skill level as that high. So, I really had to think about it and came to the realization that it could be true that my skill level is really that high. I still learn new things all the time, I still am hungry to try new things...

I am very grateful for my friends and family pushing me to go further and test my wings. Be it for sewing, quilting, or looking for employment outside of my art.

Thank you to my good friend who sent me the origami crane quilt pattern! You are a sweetheart!

A little history on the origami paper cranes:
An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. The crane in Japan is one of the mystical or holy creatures (others include the dragon and the tortoise), and is said to live for a thousand years. In Japan, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true. This makes them popular gifts for special friends and family.

Retreat...

Due to being unemployed, there have been many items that have been crossed off of the "To Do" list this year. One major one is the November Retreat in New Hampshire put on by Karen P.

I am going to miss going this year, but wanted to congratulate Karen on reaching the Major Milestone of 10 years! Congratulations Karen!!!

Karen P at 2009 Retreat. 


Projects that I'm working on...

I am still working on my jacket... between the sewing machine being temperamental and my bad habit of not using pins all the time, I have been ripping out seams left, right, and center! Ah well, patience my dear as this too shall pass...

Sew I am off to sew... Thank you for joining me for coffee and today's rant :)

Ciao for now :)
J :)

No comments: