Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday ... or Thanksgiving at Mom's

We have Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and her family, who live in NYC. My mom has a pre-Thanksgiving dinner for all of the family members who will not be there next week, and who live in the vicinity. So, we are off to Thanksgiving dinner this afternoon.

We spent yesterday at the Children's museum in Boston. It was fun, and everyone was tired when we got home.

The cape? We where sewing before we left and the cape is fabric from some doll quilts we made. She wore it the entire day at the museum (except when climbing), to bed (not in the bathtub ~ she has asked if she could), and then today up until she left to go home. She was still wearing it over her jacket when she got into the car.

Climbing and running - 2  things that the kids are not stopped from doing at the Children's Museum. I think we stayed at this area for over 15 minutes so they could (maybe) burn off some energy.  

The water area on the 2nd floor is always good for a hour of fun. This was no exception...

More climbing...

There is an area for 'construction' and this was a MUST do for this trip... so, we went... and they raced, jumped, climbed, and did all over again...

Then they found the building block room within the 'construction' area and this was good for a while longer...

While we where eating, I snapped a picture... love the ketchup on his cheek :)

See that little red dot of a child in the middle right of the picture? That would be our grandson... The climbing structure is three stories (industrial) high, and he was at the top. There are boards above his head to prevent people from climbing up and out. You can just make out our granddaughter on the same level on the left. This is the 2nd trip to the climbing structure. When we get there it is the 1st thing they have to do, before we go we may have as many as two or three more trips to the climbing structure. I have a sore neck after each time, as this is my view from the seat in front of the entrance and exit. 

No trip would be complete without a trip to the bubble room...

The pig project? I have spent a lot of time on the pig project... The pig is done for now... On to the quilt. I have started the patches, as you can see from both of these pictures... You can also see the B & B challenge pictures of the quilt I will be working on this coming weekend. I think it will be going to R after I am done. She and I had spoke about it in August, so I hope she enjoys my take on the picture.

The pig looks so cute! It is a combination of paper-pieced and machine applique. I need to take a close up so that you all can see the details.  

Up close, or at least closer...

And this is my little helper for the weekend, our granddaughter :) We did fit in making a few doll quilts for her babies... and she was up on my lap to help with the pig project.


Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Of course, the desserts topped the meal...

That is two different pies!!! One is Apple and the other was triple berry.

It was a great meal! Thank you Mom & Al!

Ciao for now!
J  :)

No comments: