Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hectic Unemployment Life...

Let me say that life is not stagnant for me... As I remember that I have not posted in a few days...

I am still chuckling over a comment that I overheard last night. We went out to dinner with my folks and at the table next to us, seven women where enjoying a Christmas Office Dinner along with gifts for one another. During the course of their conversation, one of the women sayed "my sister is a stay@home mother, who is a re-incarnation of Martha Stewart, she has themed Christmas trees in every public place in her house... She went on to explain how one in particular was only homemade gingerbread cookies, with the matching hole for the ribbon, icing for the clothing... She obviously has too much time on her hands." everyone at the table was chuckling, as was I (as I was seated not more than 5 feet away from her and heard her very clearly).

It got me thinking how most people think that I have "too much time on my hands" where as the truth is that mine are full of errands, job searching, applying to different jobs (and the different requirements that each and every job is looking for), preparing for phone interviews, preparing for in-person interviews, reality is that all of these items really fill most of my days... Add to that, that somewhere in there I need to keep my skills current, study for the classes that I have signed up for and am taking... Personally I also need time to sew/quilt/create...

Oh... Did I mention errands? For others? Because I have so much time on my hands? Which brings me back to the seven women chuckling over the stay at home sister... We all think that if you stay at home you are trying to find things to fill your day... There are so many things to fill your day that I find it is the opposite issue.

As I think about all this I remind myself that I really need to check today's To Do List... Yes, I do have a daily To Do List... It started after I had overbooked myself and missed a very important interview... and I don't want to repeat that ever again.

Enough of my rambling for today, I need to get to the sewing machine for an hour, get ready for an interview, and try to fit some gym time and cleaning time into the schedule today!

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope you enjoyed your coffee break and that you had the opportunity to have a chuckle or two :)

Caio for now!
J =)

No comments: