Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Overgrown...

I really need to get into the habit of taking pictures before I clean up a royal mess... but alas I didn't.

This morning as I am plugging along, working on the backing for the photo quilt, and everything is working out nice... I decided that I am going to make larger strip blocks. The blocks are going to be 16.5" before putting them together.

As any quilter knows, you iron/press at almost every step of the way, so off I go into the room, where I have the iron, and much to my 'joy' I spy all of the plants in the window have all fallen off from the plant shelves within the window... So much for doing any ironing/pressing for now...

Ah well, that only took two hours to clean, re-pot a few that had really outgrown the pot (this one was in a pot that was 1/3 of the new pot), move some to other spots (as this one has a new home),
vacuum, and rearrange the plants to fit back into the window. 
 Yes, I did have to do some major pruning and move a few, as they had out grown the space (some had more plant than pot!).
After which it was water all the houseplants... I do have a few...

When that was done, I hopped onto FB, Pinterest, Emails, and such... there went another hour or more...

While on Facebook New England is still talking about the Patriots and the Super Bowl loss. But among the different posts about Patriots, there is a wonderful one that I felt the need to share, as it applies to anyone, anywhere, who has 'signed a blank check' for their homeland. It is not only the USA, but anywhere that you sign up to serve.
That would be a Patriot.

Now maybe I can try to get back to my projects... I have spent enough time already online and cleaning this morning...

I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! Ciao for now!

J :)

No comments: