Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hectic end of the week...

You all have been reading about the Birthday quilts... well the birthday party was a surprise in a lot of ways. My mother was having a dinner party (which my brother did know about) and had invited people that my brother knew about. What he didn't know was that my siblings all traveled home to be here to share in his birthday. When he walked into the Living Room, this was his reaction to seeing everyone.

Siblings, spouse, and some of our kids...
Then we got down to the opening of his gifts... one sister had done a bag for each decade of his life...
His reaction to part of the decade gift bags was fun to watch...
He received some amazing gifts from everyone.
Now I can post the pictures of the gifts I made for him. 1st he had to read the card...
Then the opening...
the surprise...
and showing...
 This was my 1st attempt at this type of quilting... I think it came out very well...
A quilter's best return on a gift... the smile :)
I am very pleased.

So for the other birthday quilt... when two of my other siblings reached their milestone birthday, I made a photo quilt for them, now was P's turn...

I did not get a picture of him and his family looking over all of the different pictures... the best part is that there are pictures from his birth (middle pic) to as recently as within the past two weeks included in this quilt. Each family member is in at least one picture. This was hung up in the room that we sat down to have dinner.

It was a lovely birthday party and he was very surprised and pleased to have all of his siblings here to celebrate. A lot of work, but it resulted in a lot of fun! Thank you to my siblings for traveling in to make it a wonderful weekend of fun!

Now I have a few other projects with deadlines of their own coming up. Yes, that would be the jacket samples for the class I will be teaching in less than two weeks.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Thank you for stopping by, Ciao for now!

J :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The entire party was fabulous - thank you Jeannie for lovely gifts - made me feel very special and loved. Love you, Peter