Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspiration? Or listening to someone else's creative block.

This morning, while on the treadmill, I was checking Twitter for the different Tweets that had come in over night. There are a few that caught my eye, that I did read the background story, but one that was so true to what has been happening in my life that I have to share!

I have enjoyed Mark Lipinski for some time now. Love his style, his fabrics, his rants, and love seeing what he has to say on a regular basis. So today on Twitter and his blog http://www.marklipinski.com/ https://twitter.com/marklipinski/status/105608375571722240 Mark was talking "There are times when picking up a pen, a needle or craft is so unappealing to me that I wonder how and why I got into the arts and crafts in the first place! Am I losing my mojo? Am I a fraud? Can I inspire and teach but not do? Are the millions of dollars of crap I’ve collected and stashed over the years now worthless?"

Ok, so the other day I was drooling over someone else's fabric stash, and today I am wondering if the thousands of dollars of stuff I have in my stash is worthless... A different day, a different tune.

But the reality of all this is that I am looking at being creative from a different lens and maybe I'll be inspired to finish all of the projects I have listed to the left...

Off to the sewing machine once again :)

Hope you have enjoyed your coffee break.
Ciao,
J :)

No comments: