Saturday, August 27, 2011

Free Pattern - Jelly Roll 1600

What is 1,600 inches long when it starts and finishes 48” x 64”? The Jelly Roll 1,600 Quilt!

Heirloom Creations shared their tutorial on how to create a quick quilt using all the strips in a jelly roll sewn together! Just click on their highlighted name and you will be taken to the free instructions. They even had "Jelly Roll Races" at a retreat (check out video below) to see who could finish the sewing the fastest and one woman finished it in 35 minutes (and she was talking as she sewed)!


It is so worth watching! Just so you don't think I speed thru life... there is no way I could do this in 35 minutes!

I have a few (too many) jelly rolls that do not have projects attached to them. I think I will be making a few of these during the hurricane (as long as we have power that is...).

I also caught a video showing how they made the long strip, it is one long strip of binding and Connecting Threads has a great tutorial on how to do this:



Enjoy your coffee :)
Ciao, 
J :)

No comments: