Thursday, December 3, 2015

Welcome to day 3 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge from Cheryl at Muppin.com blog.

I am going to straight up admit that being part of Cheryl's Blog Writing Challenge is fun! Have you checked out any of the other blogs that have taken up the Challenge?

There is NeonKittyQuilts.com who on the 1st day was talking about taking the time for now. To think about what you are doing in the here and now. From her bio, Laurie says that she is a fiber artist who frequently combines her passion for animals and quilting by producing pet portraits though a technique she calls "Pet-lique." I have had the honor to meet her at Quilters Take Manhattan as she is a board member of the Quilt Alliance. A meeting in Manhattan that is a combination of fiber art/a love of fabric/quilting and fun! If you have never been, you need to try to attend.

A wonderful artist, whom I have also had the honor to meet at Quilters Take Manhattan as she attended the 'After Dark Cocktail Party' at Victoria Findley Wolfe's loft. As my sister and I attended as well, we got to chatting, became friends on FB, and share time together. Lisa blogs at upstatelisa.blogspot.com She is such an awesome artist! Check out her blog and you will agree!

So as this is day 3 of 31, I am also going to share a third blog that I love following!!! Are you part of the BadAss Quilters Society? Oh? You say no? You have to check out! 

As Maddie Kertay says "the BadAss Quilters Society was born as a page on FaceBook mid-2012. Little did I know that there were thousands of other BadAss Quilters out there looking for a place to hang loose, talk fabric and swap the occasional off-color joke all the while being free from the oppressive notion of what quilters were “supposed to be”."

BadAss Quilters Society is a wonderful place to stop and read. Maddie's personal blog is Domestic Anarchy and I do love to read this as well. 

While I have been absent from my blog, my fellow bloggers have "neglected" theirs as well. Not as badly as I have, but we have taken up the challenge of writing on a daily basis. 

I hope you have an amazing day today. 

Ciao for now,
Jean

No comments: