Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

Like so many in the NY/New England area I have refused to turn on the TV, Radio, open a news paper or read stories of what occurred today 10 years ago. I am not hiding my head in the sand, just remembering the statistics. As I could forget the images I saw on TV or the newspaper that day or the days that followed.

This was a post from a FB friend:

IN MEMORY OF ALL WE LOST, TODAY IS THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11- STATISTICS: Times of impact: 8:46 a.m. and 9:02 a.m. Time the burning towers stood: 56 minutes and 102 minutes. Time they took to fall: 12 seconds. 2819 dead from 115 different nations. 343 Fireman/paramedics, 23 NYPD, 37 Port Authority officers,15 additional state and Federal officers, over 100 cops, fireman confirmed dead from 9/11 Illnesses since, and dozens more awaiting this sad fate. REPOST IF YOU WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

The thought of someone else inserting what I am supposed to think and feel about today does not help me remember what happened. Of all the tributes, news stories, and pictures I have seen over the years my favorite video is the Budweiser commercial on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Alan Jackson said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzzqhaLl_8w

Than you for checking in today, I hope you have enjoyed your coffee and have a wonderful day :D
Caio!
J :D

No comments: