Monday, September 26, 2011

A little bit of everything...

Welcome to Monday...

Ah yes, the question that every new/young/newish blogger asks... "How to attract readers to your blog and make them stay" I was reading this article at TNW (The Next Web) Social Media Part of The Next Web family and it was giving all sorts of ideas on how to attract readers (you can read about it here), how to keep them, and how to bring them back...

Not sure if that is where I am at presently. Right now my blog is keeping me on track to get some projects done and share where I am at with the ones that are not there just yet. More than anything, this blog is to have fun! To help me keep my spirits up and find different ways to express the joys of fabric art, family, friends, and life! So with that said, I am not going to have a give-away, or blast the news via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or any other social media. I am just going to enjoy those who follow because they are special to me.

So, Thank You all of you!

Now off to the sewing machine once again to work on my challenge quilt for the quilt show.

Oh, the quilt show? Did I not tell you about it? Shame on me! I am a member of the Rising Star Quilters Guild http://www.risingstarquilters.org and the Quilt Show is in October! The information for the show can be found here.

I have a quilt that I am showing, so I would love to have you come and vote! And of course I have the challenge quilt...
The 2011 Challenge Quilt Theme is "Birds of a Feather" We are to create a quilt that is our representation of "Birds of a Feather". The reason is that this size will allow quilts to be donated to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  While RSQ members are not required to donate our quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative in order to participate in RSQ's Quilt Show Challenge, it is for a very worthy cause.

With that in mind, I need to read the directions as the dimensions must be no more than 9 inches by 12 inches. Per the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, "Quilts may be Alzheimer's-themed, but don't have to be. They DO have to be quilts: that's three layers, and the middle one is batting of some sort." If you have time, it is really worth a look at the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

So it is off to the sewing machine, with coffee in hand.
Ciao! :D
J :D

No comments: