Thursday, August 2, 2012

Where oh where is the time flying off to?

I have emerged! Oh, that's true, you all did not notice that I was stuck under a pile of stuff! I really am, I need to take a week off and just clean... Thing is that I'll just end up in front of my sewing machine (Smiling face) sewing up a storm, instead of cleaning!

I want to give a shout out to A, who just gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Emma. Congratulations to A & J! Yes, I am trying to finish the baby quilt for Emma... I am a tad behind in my projects... and BOM's...

So I found one project that I think I need to make about a 1/2 dozen of in the next two or three weeks...



I know y'all need one of these!!!  They are quite handy.  They can hold store cards, credit cards, business cards, and any other little card you might have. So grab your supplies and let's get to work!

Supplies Needed:
  • 4 Scraps of Fabric at least 8" x 8"
  • Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing
  • Ruler
  • Scissors
  • Thread
  • Sew On Snap
  • Sewing Machine
For the outside & lining:
Cut your outside and lining fabrics into 8"x 8" squares. 
Also cut 2 squares of interfacing 8" x 8".

Iron the interfacing onto the squares following the manufacturers directions.

For the pocket pieces:
From the other 2 fabric cut rectangles 4" x  8".
I cut 3 of each.

Fold each rectangle in half, WRONG sides together, so it is now 2" x 8" and iron.

To assemble the wallet:
Grab you lining piece. Starting at the bottom draw a line 1" up from the bottom. Draw 4 more lines each 1" above the previous line.

Starting at the line closest to the bottom lay a pocket piece with raw edge  facing AWAY from you on the line.
Sew it in place using a 1/8" seam.

Continue doing this until you have sewn a pocket piece on each of the 5 lines.
Don't panic! You should have 1 extra pocket piece.  We will add that in just a minute.

Starting at the top fold the pocket pieces up and iron in place.

Now grab that extra pocket piece and pin it to the bottom.
 This time the raw edge will be pointing towards you.
Baste it in place.

Draw a line down the middle (4") and then sew. 
TIP: ***  Sew from the bottom up to prevent folds or buckles in the pockets. ***

Now lay other square on top of the pocket square. Make sure right sides are together.

Sew using a 1/2"seam allowance.  Make sure to leave an opening to turn it right side out.
Clip the corners.

 Turn right side out and iron.  Whip stitch the opening closed.
Fold it in half and iron.

Sew on a snap as pictured above.

Fill it with cards.



Hope you get a chance to try this pattern out. It is rather straight forward and easy :) Just my kind of pattern these days!

Thanks for stopping by! Ciao for now :)

J :)

No comments: