Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pondering

It is Sunday, a day of rest, for some. Around our house it is catching up with the chores for the week, which means laundry. As we rent, we do not have a washer or dryer in our place, but we do have one next door.

I do have to admit that there is one in the basement of the house we live in, but the back stairs are down right scary to use and the people who live downstairs store everything they are not using down there so there is no room to move. That and the cat litter box for their two cats is in the basement and they do not clean it up on a regular basis is enough of a reason for me to refuse to go down there.

This morning, as my hubby was taking some laundry next door, the landlord stopped him to apologize for the  people downstairs having a yard sale on the front lawn yesterday. I am sorry, don't tell me the day of that you are having a yard sale on the shared front lawn, are going to block the driveway and porch, and wonder why I am pissed off... Are you that dumb?

Instead of ranting and raving I started working on some signature quilt blocks that I need to mail out this week. I also need to get the measurements of the picture quilt I did for my brother for his birthday. The quilt show will be here before you know it and I have to register my quilts. I also need to finish off my jackets to submit those as well. So I will be busy sewing up a storm in the coming weeks.

The best news I heard all weekend is that my younger sister will be coming up for the quilt show and be stopping to pick up my Aunt in NJ. They will all be coming this year! I was disappointed last year that no one in my immediate family, outside of my husband, could attend. It was, after all, the 1st time I had a quilt in a show. I had good friends come, step-siblings, in-laws, husband, but none other.

I think that being an artist is difficult, you need to self promote, self support, and continue to keep yourself in a positive space. It is not that easy. I find myself being rather hard on myself and ditching items that others would say are great.

Ok, so today is more of a rant than saying what I have been doing... but that is why I continue to say "Life gets in the Way...

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and a lovely week :)

Off to Sunday Studio! Five hours of sewing with friends :) What a lovely way to spend a Sunday. Today is the 1st time at the new shop, and I will need to take some pictures!

Take care, thanks for stopping by :)
Ciao for now!

J :)

No comments: