Monday, May 7, 2012

Little Bird School of Stitchcraft: Finger Knitting

Yes, I have been among the missing once again. I am still working, that takes up about 40 plus hours of the week, I am also driving back and forth, so add another 5 - 6 hours a week. I am missing out on a lot of what I did while I was looking for work. Blogging being one of them. But I have not forgotten you all!!!


I have been online looking for inspiration for some challenges that I have coming up in the very near future. Been working very hard a few other quilts. And been checking out other bloggers...


But while being among the missing I have found some fantastic crafts to do with the little ones when they come to visit. One of them is from Niddy Noddy at the Little Bird School of Stitchcraft blog and her Finger Knitting tutorial. 
As she says "Finger knitting is a really good way of getting children interested in wool crafts, and it is very easy to learn.  It also helps to improve a child’s dexterity and ability to concentrate.  No extra implements are required,  just fingers, the best tools in the world!  I often carry balls of yarn in my bag to pass the time in the doctors surgery or similar.Finger knitting produces a long thin strip of stocking stitch and there are many things you can do with these strips.  In this tutorial, which is suitable for children, I will show you how to finger knit.  You can use any weight of yarn for finger knitting but for this tutorial I used chunky which produces a nice stocking stitch."
I think I will have to try this with Miss E and Master M next time they come to visit.

Thanks for stopping by to say hi :) and check on me :) Ciao for now!

J :)

No comments: