Monday, November 19, 2012

Superstorm Sandy Quits & Blanket Drive


I know that I have mentioned this Quilt and Blankets Drive a number of times on Facebook, but I have been among the missing here..

If you could help it would be great!

Because as if the devastation from Hurricane Sandy wasn’t enough, NY & NJ, which where the areas that where hit very hard are experiencing snow and really cold temps, the winter temps that had not been around. 

There are many people who are still homeless or have no power. 

While there are quite a few efforts in the works in the quilting community nationwide to gather quilts and blankets for these hard-hit areas, one of which is being spearheaded by Victoria Findlay Wolfe 

SUPER STORM SANDY
has devastated much of our area.
QUILTS AND BLANKETS are needed ASAP.
Homemade or Store Bought, ANY SIZE.
Acacia Network
Attn: Pete Gonzalez
311 East 175th Street
Bronx, NY 10457

Victoria is a friend of a friend, and that connection makes me trust that this is a valid effort to help. I have started to collect quilts and blankets to support this effort. 

I have been going through my closets and pulling from my quilt closet. Several people who saw my post on Facebook earlier have already contacted me. These quilts and blankets don’t have to be new (but please…in good condition and freshly washed!) and can be handmade or store-bought, all sizes are needed. If you are sending a quilt/blanket, please make a label with your name and email :)

When mailing them:
Please include your

name,
address
and email
and phone inside the box.

SHIP with Delivery confirmation.
Quilt Questions please contact:

Lane Falcon
at



I know that I have been among the missing and we did not suffer as much as NY & NJ, but life has gotten busy and my blog has suffered. Thank you all who continue to check in and see if I am still here :)

Ciao for now! J

No comments: